I. Scholars Program
BPACF scholarships range from $500 to $2,000 per student. The following are the Scholars Program eligibility requirements for all candidates:
1. An African American resident of Northeast Ohio.
2. A graduating high-school senior, OR an undergraduate college student at an accredited college/university or institute.
3. A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Priority is given to students with financial need, based on family size and annual income.
5. Priority is given to students who are “first-generation” college students. (one of the first people to attend college from their immediate family)
BPACF scholarships are paid in one disbursement, at the beginning of fall semester. Please note: Proof of college enrollment will be required upon acceptance of the scholarship.
II. College to Career Series
The College to Career Series is a group of four events that encourage local youth towards a commitment to college completion, academic success and career advancement. The series will also allow minority scholars to meet one another and top executives from Northeast Ohio, and learn more about their career path. The series includes the following events:
1. Scholarship Search Workshop (March 4): A workshop on how to successfully find and apply for scholarship funds, fellowships and study abroad funding.
2. Internship & Early Career Boot Camp (April 29): A half-day workshop on how to successfully prepare for summer internships and early career employment, with a focus on soft-skill development, cultural competence, emotional intelligence and conflict resolution.
3. Scholars Summer Night Out – The School Year Send Off (July): A Night Out at Progressive Field for local scholars, to celebrate the start of the college school year and learn academic success tips.
4. Scholars Holiday Night Out – The Mid-Year Check In (December 29): A Night Out with a bowling party for local minority scholars, to “check in” with one another on their academic progress at the mid-way point of the academic year, and encourage each other to continue their studies.
III. Career Connect Internship
Career Connect is a workforce development initiative developed by BPACF to enhance educational attainment and career opportunities for low and moderate income college students living in Northeast Ohio. The goal of the program is to increase the number of educated, trained and career-ready young professionals committed to learning, living and earning in our community. Program participants will receive career advisement, professional development training and mentoring from executives in specific fields. Students selected to participate in the program will also engage in a rigorous internship (minimum of 6 weeks) that is specific to their future career field.
BPACF Youth Programs Application
The deadline to apply for BPACF youth programs is May 15. (final postmark date) Materials may be sent thru BPACF.org, by regular U.S. postal mail, fax or email. Electronic Form is submitted immediately. All applicants must submit a completed application, including an essay, a high school/college transcript, a letter of reference (recommendation from a non-relative, i.e. school official, clergy, etc.) and a photograph, for promotional purposes.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM VIA EMAIL, FAX OR POSTAL MAIL